Monday, 5 March 2012

The Paper Shelter Blog Challenge

Im doing well, Ive had my morning shower to wake me up (well, hopfully anyway).  Im now sat at my craft table with the tv on (Judge Judy as theres nothing else on yet)  and will have to get crafting on a Wedding Card commission.
For this challenge it was a case of "Fancy Folds" so I decided to do some Iris Folding that I saw in one of my old craft magazines that I was moving, it caught my eye as the card that they showed was so beautiful and very summery, but could be modified to suit any woman/lady that loved handbags. See what you think:






This one you can see that Ive made into a Mother's Day card, using embossed coloured
cards, little "gems" to form the handle of the handbag and larger "gems" for the clasp.
I used 15mm wide strips of paper from a 6"x6" paper pad called "Flower Patch" by Making Memories. The net flower in the middle of the Iris Folding is from Craft Work, which is part of a prize i won last year when I sent a card to a craft magazine competition. I cant remember where I go the "with love" and "mum" sentiments but they are just perfect for this card.

I am entering this card into the:
The Paper Shelter Blog Challenge 53 "Fancy Folds"
http://thepapershelter.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-53-fancy-folds.html
I hope you like the finished result, I know I do! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.